HOME INSPECTIONJuly 28, 2017
What is a professional home inspection?
A home inspection report is important when you purchase a resale home in Lake Ashton. A home inspector will perform a visual inspection of your Lake Ashton Resale home from top to bottom, including all the main systems. The information that is developed from the inspection is documented in a written report.
What’s included in a home inspection report?
Licensed home inspectors are required to provide their clients written reports of the home inspection. The report contains detailed information on the subject property in Lake Ashton, and should be delivered no later than a week after the inspection. Some inspectors provide their reports within 24 hours of the inspection.
Here are the key areas you can expect to be covered in a Lake Ashton Resale home inspection report:
- Structural components including foundation and framing of the home.
- Exterior features including siding, soffit, porches, balconies, walkways, railings and driveways.
- Roof system including shingles, flashing and skylights.
- Electrical system including service panels, breakers and fuses.
- Plumbing systems including pipes, drains, water heating equipment and sump pumps.
- Heating system including equipment and venting.
- Cooling system including energy sources and distribution equipment.
- Interior features including walls, ceilings, floors, windows, doors, stairs and railings.
- Insulation and ventilation including those in the attic and other unfinished spaces.
Should I be present during the inspection?
While it may not always be practical, it is better for sellers and occupants to be away during the inspection. The inspection is the buyer’s time to become familiar with the Lake Ashton Resale home under the guidance of the inspector. Buyers of Lake Ashton Resale homes typically feel more at ease when they are free to ask the inspector questions or to make comments and observations.
Should I prepare my Lake Ashton Resale home for an inspection?
Absolutely. When your Lake Ashton Resale home is properly prepared for an inspection, everyone benefits. It reduces the time to conduct the inspection.
What about after the inspection?
Your Lake Ashton Resale Realtor will assist you in the process after the inspection.
Categorised in: Uncategorized